Activity & function of the department:
NRLM aims to alleviate rural poverty and create sustainable livelihood opportunities for the rural poor. Towards this objective, NRLM seeks to promote sustainable community based institutions which will facilitate provision of financial services, economic services and other entitlements to the rural poor.
Functions in detail & Public Services Provided:
- Social Mobilisation
- Formation of SHGs
- Capacity Building of SHGs
- Institutional Building for Poor Households
- Financial Inclusion
- Sustainable Livelihoods Promotion
- Convergence with other Departmental Programme
- Skill Dev. Training
SHG involvement in different sectors:
- In Health Sector: Supply of food to indoor patients in Government Hospitals.
- In Education sector: Supply of School uniform, Engagement as Cook cum Helper in Mid Day Meal programme
- Participation in fairs/ Melas: Different Block/ District/ State Level fairs
- Running of Motel: Pathasathi at Barakar is run by one Cluster successfully
- Running of canteens: At Different Block office premises
- Self employment activities: Work of Hand embroidery, Garments making, Junk Jewellery, Soft toys making, Mat making, Mushroom production, Nursery, sericulture, Fishery etc.